Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November! Things We're Grateful For


OUR HOUSE!!



Sure, to everyone else in Provo it might just look like an ancient polygamist haunted house. But to us, it's home.
And it actually looks a whole lot nicer on the inside. Lacie has done a fantastic job decorating and making it look nice and turning it into a home. I'll be honest, when we first walked through it I thought she was crazy for wanting to live here. But now that we've painted and put furniture and decor, I like it a lot. She did great! So we'll take everyone on a virtual tour of our small home that we're grateful for.

Walking through our front door brings you into our living room. 
Through that door frame on the left is our kitchen. We'll get there in a minute.

That's right, we have a bookshelf in our living room. It's probably our favorite part. However, I have recently learned, living with a girl, that bookshelves are not to be used for books. They're actually really used for decorations. Who know?
(The C stands for Coffman)

That shelf you see there - I put that up all by myself. (With Dallins help) Through that door frame is our stairs. We'll get there.

Here's the kitchen view from the living room.

Lacies domain.

Complete 180 from the last shot shows you this. Lacie refers to it as our dining room. It's literally one step from the fridge... So it's actually just part of our kitchen. But we like our table and we put it together. So she can call it a dining room. I didn't include them in the pictures, but to the left there behind the fridge is our washer and dryer that I bought for her and put in myself. Thank you very much. So turn left behind the fridge and walk between those and you'd find our bathroom.

This is the part of our house that Lacie is the most proud of. She did a great job making it look very nice and not girly at all. Except for the fact that there's something fuzzy on our toilet seat. That is strange to me. Also, we're not allowed to use any of those towels you see there. Again, something you might not know unless you live with a female: towels aren't actually for drying yourself, they're for decoration. I had no idea that so many things weren't actually to use - they're just there to look pretty.

So now shoot back out of the bathroom, through the dining room, out of the kitchen, through the living, and up those stairs we mentioned back at the beginning.

That's right - we even decorate our stairway in this house. We rock.

Turn left at the top of those stairs and enter the best room in the house. This is where the magic happens people. Love it. 

This is Lacies shoe collection.      .... Yep.

Across the hallway is Andrews Man-Cave. It is awesome. Definitely the most testosterone-filled room in the house. 

This wall is obviously necessary.

My personal shrine to my glory years at CIPLC. Green and white. Makes you miss Venezuela, doesn't it? My ManCave is awesome.

Lacie is always so busy taking care of Andrew and making the rest of the house look so nice and always working on some amazing project that she sometimes doesn't have time to focus on her own room. I should probably pick it up for her cause she does so much for me. But it still looks pretty though.

She got that desk for her birthday. I wanted to use my drill that I got for my birthday to put it together, so I drilled right into it. And right into the ground. It was pretty amusing. 


That's our house. We love it.







2 comments:

  1. Awesome post Andrew! The place looks great! You 2 have done a great job putting it together.

    I have 1 question though...why does the "most testosterone filled room" have pink carpet? lol Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys have done a great job making your house a home. It looks very cozy. Sorry Andrew, but I am going to give Lacie most of the credit for that. It is a girl thing! And I am very proud of Lacie for already starting to train you on how things should be. Yes, bookshelves are for pretty things, not Lord of the Rings statues, I had to teach Dustin that one. And yes, there are seperate towels for you men/ogres and then nice towels for everyone else. I do have to get on Lacie though for giving you your own room. Dustin is gonna start expecting things like that now! Not cool! She is making the rest of us look bad LOL

    ReplyDelete