Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Great Outdoors

When I was little, I could never understand why dad would spend the one day he had off work each week outside workin in the yard, washin the cars, and vacuuming the pool. Made no sense to me.



Clearly:




I thought the obvious fun way to spend saturday was playing baseball with me inside on the sweet N64







Today I got it.




....(okay I actually got it quite a few years ago)

But today I was inside the Tanner Building from 7:45 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. Then I had to rush home to eat with my sweetheart and get back to work on homework and projects. I finally stepped back outside around 8:45 p.m. and it was like a breath of fresh air.       (get it!? fresh air!)

It had started to rain without me noticin (bein inside and all). So it literally took my breath away just to be outside. It rocked. I wish I could've stayed outside all night and camped up in the mountains. Or I wish I had a Saturday morning and could mow the lawn. No such luck.

My days consist of being inside a classroom from 8:00 till 12:00 then straight to work (inside) from 12:15 to 4:00. Then usually back to campus for a GMSA meeting or to use a bloomberg terminal for my internship till 6:30 or so. Also, turns out tryin to find a good paying summer internship is it's own part-time job on it's own. I think I've spent 5 hours the past two days working on a pre-interview project and searching for other opportunities.  Add taking care of a pregnant wife and a house on top of all that...

Goodness this semester is draining.

Needless to say, I would love to spend a saturday morning doing yardwork and washing our car. (I work on Saturday mornings from 8:00 till noon)



But the great news is that it still has yet to snow significantly. And it's February!!


So we do still get to go on walks Sunday afternoons. Thank goodness!

3 comments:

  1. Dustin always says the same thing. Our apartment takes care of our lawn/snow and maintenance. Which is awesome, but I know Dustin gets restless. The other day he came in from the garage with his Dremel and was like "I NEED something to Dremel." I was a little scared. LOL Elijah is so your nephew. When he was little, anytime the door opened he would run to it and yell "Ahhhhh! Fresh Air!" Now everytime we go outside all bundled up in coats/boots and hats he goes "I think it is going to be Spring tomorrow mom, I know it. I want to go to the park and ride my bike." Sad, it feels like winter is lasting forever here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the boots. Jack needs some rubber boots. You know what it's like here - lots of water. We have a hard time going outside because the Mosquitos are so bad right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom an I can't remember where the boot picture is from. I think it is VZ isn't it? Saturday's were therapy!

    ReplyDelete